I paint the world of Romantic Landscapes with personal expression enveloping a style of peace to all who dare venture the dusty paths.
I love living and working from my studio in Washington State amid the lush gardens, dramatic sea, serene sound, and mountain landscapes. This visual pleasure inspires me with memories of England’s rolling green, vivid sea and mountainous Lake District to the inviting quaint historic villages and private estates. A number of my paintings are set in these locations from the classic Tudor style home in “Vibrant Day in Devon” to the “Garden Conservatory at Ripley Castle in Yorkshire”.
With a free flowing style that moves between a traditional style and impressionism, I have been classified as a Romantic Impressionist. A few years ago, I was blessed to indulge in an eight-month stay and study of the English Countryside, one that I still draw on for inspiration. A recent visit to Germany and Austria has brought new commissions. The historic Hunters Castle (Schloss Mittersill) and other landscapes of Europe, the Pacific NW and America the Beautiful can be found in my online Art Gallery; where I offer my experience of these venues through the impressionist tradition, in tones that are subtle yet vibrant with fresh color and inviting movement.
My love of art, paralleling seventeen years as a professional interior designer led me to the inevitable career of painting. Many years of working in design have enhanced an understanding for the necessity for works of art in our lives, both for the aesthetics of our surroundings and for appreciating life’s expression. Having worked exclusively on custom interior design projects, I have a keen understanding of the value that commissioned paintings have for a client.
After authoring my first publication, the now available,“Come Walk With Me – A Poetic Journal“; I am currently designing and illustrating two new children’s books for publication. I am also available for commissioned work. I have enjoyed working with numerous clients on their commissioned paintings throughout the United States, and I look forward to creating a personalized piece for you.
The pure and simple reason I paint is that I cannot do otherwise. I stand in amazement of God’s creations from the dessert flower to the mighty roar of the ocean pounding the cliffs of the neighboring mountains. Through all stages of life, both health and illness to feel the presence and loving healing of Christ Jesus as I walk through His lush garden, the peace resolves my life to live harmoniously without fear and know that I am cherished. I see His creation as the beauty of the earth, in the hug of a child and the smile of a tender soul.
In my personal journey through cancer, I stand on His assuring Omnipotence and find the peace and love that flows from a blazing sunset or the sunrise that tints the wing of a soaring eagle, and then I rush to my canvas to share just a bit of His amazing grace. I am safe and never alone in His creation.
Juried Shows & Exhibitions
- Artist Edge – Poulsbo and Silverdale, WA
- An Artful Touch – Kirkland, WA
- Collective Visions – Bremerton, WA
- Global Bean – Silverdale, WA
- Port Gamble Art Gallery – Port Gamble, WA
- Tea Room at Port Gamble – Port Gamble, WA
- American Marine Bank – Bainbridge Island, WA
- Bank of America – Poulsbo, WA
- Northwest Design Gallery – Poulsbo, WA
- Evergreen Gallery & Kirkland Gallery – Kirkland, WA
- The Bronze Duck Gallery – Leavenworth, WA
- Reigning Visions Gallery – Port Angeles, WA
- LaLa Land Chocolate & Tea Room – Port Gamble, WA
- American Marine Bank – Silverdale, WA
- Kitsap Fine Art Show – Port Gamble, WA – 5 yrs.
- American Marine Bank – Silverdale, WA
- Poulsbo Tea House & Fine Art Gallery – Poulsbo, WA
- Cultural Arts Foundation (CAFN) Arts in the Woods Studio Tour, – 5 yrs. Poulsbo, WA
- Arts Alive Mill Creek – Mill Creek, WA
- ESSA Rotary Art Show
- Coastal Bank – Everett, WA
- Frontier Bank – Everett. WA
- InterWest Bank – Marysville, WA
United States Park Services
Hot Springs National Park
National and Local Art Societies Memberships
- National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society (NOAPS) – Osage Beach, Missouri
- Northwest Watercolor Society – Bellevue, Washington
- Kitsap Peninsula Visitor & Convention Bureau – Port Gamble, Washington
- Pacific Northwest Writer’s Association – Issaquah, Washington
- American Impressionist Society, Inc., AIS
Workshops & Private Instruction
Client interest and commissions request piqued my eagerness to continue my art studies. I have taken many professional workshops and have studied with such talents as:
- Internationally known artist Stanley Warburton (Lytham, England)
- Nationally known artists
- Rudy Coffing (Bothell, Washington)
- John Galucci (Lake Placid, New York)
- Northwest artist Lannie Little (Bellingham, Washington)
Art & Education
- Oregon State University
- B.A. H Ec./Interior Design